Transformer Monitoring and Diagnostics
Need to know condition of transformers in electricity networks is increasing when transformers are ageing. Up to date and accurate monitoring data is needed in particular from large and critical transformers. Such transformers are usually located in the transmission networks, heavy industry and power generation.
Analysis of a transformer oil sample by a laboratory is an established technique recognised as the most important test for monitoring power transformers. It has long been accepted that Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA) of oil is the single most powerful tool in the field of transformer fault detection and asset management.
GE’s line of Kelman, Hydran and Intellix products, now has a comprehensive offering of portable, on-line products and software for management of critical transformer assets. With these units transformer faults can be detected in their infancy, minimizing costly unplanned outages and equipment failures.
Single Gas DGA products
Single gas DGA products provide gas level alarm or real-time single composite fault-gas and moisture in-oil measurement to alert persons about a potential issue. Products are easy to install on a single valve.
Single gas products in short:
- Hydran 201Ti is a basic transformer monitoring device comprised of a fault gas sensor (201Ti) and a separate controller (201Ci) with output, communication and alarm capabilities.
- Hydran M2-X is a affordable, compact, real-time fault gas and moisture monitoring device that provides alarms when pre-set limits are reached and communicates data back.
More about single gas DGA products at product pages.
Multiple Gas DGA products
GE’s multiple gas DGA products consists of Kelman products, which are based on advanced Photo Acoustic Technology (Photo-Acoustic Spectroscopy). The key benefit of this technology is ability to measure levels of each fault gas separately.
Photo Acoustic Technology does not require calibration of the system or using carrier or calibration gases. This gives remarkable benefits and savings on operating and maintaining these units.
Kelman products in short:
- Kelman Transport X² is a compact portable system that performs laboratory quality Dissolved Gas Analysis on manually taken transformer oil samples and renders a diagnostic on-site in 30 minutes.
- Kelman DGA 900 is a on-line DGA monitoring device all 7 fault gases plus oxygen and moisture.
- Kelman MINITRANS is a cost-effective on-line DGA monitoring device 3 significant fault gases plus moisture.
- Kelman MULTITRANS is a on-line DGA monitoring device for 2 or 3 nearby individual transformer tanks.
- Kelman TAPTRANS is a complete on-line DGA monitoring solution for transformers with On-Load Tap Changers (OLTC).
More about Kelman products at product pages.
Perception Fleet software
GE’s Perception Fleet is a smart, simplified and standards-based software system that moves customers from a manual, one-on-one transformer assessment process to an automated and online fleet management assessment. By automatically evaluating the condition of assets and establishing their risk of failure, Perception Fleet is able to prioritize and rank assets within a fleet.
The Perception Fleet software provides customers comprehensive transformer fleet condition rankings, transformer risk information, and expert analysis on-demand, removing time-consuming and costly manual processes as well as unnecessary maintenance, helping focus capital and reduce operational expenses.
Please contact us for more information about Transformer Monitoring and Diagnostics products. You can contact us from Contact us page.