Smallworld GeoSpatial Server
Smallworld GeoSpatial Server Today’s business organizations are rising to the challenge of establishing and maintaining
integrations between IT systems, creating additional value and realizing cost benefits by building business process based solutions for tomorrow.
Smallworld GeoSpatial Server™ from GE brings the benefits of Smallworld based complex spatial
and asset modeling directly into your evolving Service Oriented Architecture by building on industry and de-facto enterprise standards.
Smallworld GeoSpatial Server has added a SOA-enabling platform for system integration
and Business Process Integration to the proven Smallworld™ technology and application portfolio.
SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) allows our customers to create new applications on top of existing enterprise solutions,
increasing the value of their current systems and automating new processes.
Smallworld GeoSpatial Server provides the capability for Smallworld Offices and Smallworld applications
to participate in an enterprise SOA infrastructure and in enterprise business processes.
Features and Benefits
- General infrastructure and business services
- Support for write transactions and alternative access
- Bi-directional web service communication
- Certified support for OGC® Web Map Service (WMS), Web Feature Service (WFS), Web Coverage Service (WCS)
- Web Services Framework (via HTTP or JMS)
- Support for Web Services Security (WSS) and other WS standards
- Support for JBOSS® 4.2.3, IBM® WebSphere® 6.1, Oracle® WebLogic 9.2.3
The 4.2 version brings new features such as infrastructure support for Extension Modules so that
new functionality can be delivered quickly, an Open Services Module to support OGC Services
and regional Spatial Data Initiatives (SDIs) such as European INSPIRE, plus support for
Smallworld Core Spatial Technology™ 4.2 Heterogeneous joins.